1. If you are making a purchase online, make sure that you use a credit card to pay for the transaction. Credit card users are protected against fraud by federal law and they are only responsible for $50 in these cases. Some card agencies will even go so far regarding wave the $50 for you, which means you will not be out of pocket.
2. Talk to your friends about their favorite online shops. There are millions of sites out there, and there is no method for you to find them all yourself. Talk to the people you know to find out who the reputable online retailers are, and where they like to shop. This can save you a lot of time and energy.
3. When you're shopping online you should be sure that you know who you're buying from. If you're buying with an online auction site, only order from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see if they are a reputable company by searching for reviews upon them online.
4. Shopping online is a terrific way to save money as you can look around so easily. If you're looking to save as much money as possible, remember to check out any deals the online store may offer. Most stores offer some from of sale or deal frequently, so you should be able to find a great deal that will assist you save even more money.
5. If you have questions while shopping, choose a live chat function in the online store. Many big brands (and even some boutique stores) now have this functionality. You can chat immediately with a customer service representative to repair any issues or answer any questions prior to buying. That can provide you with a lot of peace of mind.