1. Whenever you enjoy the comfort of frequent online shopping, it's very important to keep changing the passwords you use for each account. Every few weeks roughly, make up a brand new password to your bank as well as the shopping sites directly. Use abstract words, combined with numbers and other odd characters for that strongest passwords.
2. To help protect your credit, use only one credit card for online purchases. This will help you quickly track your spending habits when the bank card statement is available in the mail. If you notice any charges that you simply did not make, call the credit card company immediately and report it to them.
3. Read customer testimonials before you buy anything. People are delighted to complain about bad service online, so search for sites and testimonials that are terrible so you know what you're getting into. You should take bad reviews with a grain of salt, but if you see many, you know you will find a problem.
4. Sign up for your chosen online stores' newsletters. Often times online stores will be sending out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to save money, you could possibly score some good deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.
5. If you want to buy books online, you'll obtain a better deal if you get them used. Dependant upon the condition you get them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you read the description of the book to see if there are any damages you should be aware of.