1. If you are planning to be shopping on the web, make sure that you do it from a computer connection you know is secure, like the one that you have in the home. Hackers try to find WI-Fi connections in public places while they are scouting for victims, so avoid shopping when using them.
2. If a website is not secure, do not make a purchase. Simply search for at the website address when you are shopping. If you notice an "https" as opposed to an "http," you can feel confident enough to insert your charge card information. However, if there is no "s" inside the address, start working on a different site to be on the safe side.
3. Before buying a product online, find out more about shipping. If you do not find any details about shipping costs, contact the seller to find out if there are additional charges for shipping. If there are several shipping options, choose an affordable and reliable option to make sure you receive your product quickly.
4. When shopping online, you should be extra careful if you are using your cellphone to get online. Using a public Wi-Fi can leave your personal vulnerable to hackers. Attempt to only use your secured network when shopping online using a cellphone and never utilize a public Wi-Fi hot location to shop.
5. Before shopping from a store that is new to you, discover what the store's reputation is much like. You can usually do a web-based search and learn what others think of the business. It is best to accomplish this so you may not find out the difficult way and lose your hard earned money.