1. Before you make a purchase, compare costs on several websites. Look for special coupons and offers on these websites to successfully are getting the best deal possible. Also look into exactly what it will cost for the shipping on the items and if there are free freight options accessible to you.
2. If you like an online store, sign up for their email distribution list. You will probably receive some coupons and information about deals in your mailbox. Check these emails regularly to stay up to date with good deals and promotional offers. Most online stores often offer free delivery or discounts on certain products.
3. Learn the online store's return policy. If you are considering building a purchase on an item that you might want to return, be sure you find out if returning the item is an option. Sometimes when you shop online, items cannot be returned and you do not want to be saddled with an unwanted item.
4. Sign up for your preferred online stores' newsletters. Often times online stores sends out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to spend less, you might be able to score some terrific deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.
5. If you are shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is not any website that really needs this number for you to buy something. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, you are probably on a scam website. Leave this site and find one which has a better reputation.