1. Before buying from the new online retailer, do your homework on them. Check online reviews from other customers to see the actual way it handles stuff like customer service, shipping, and its overall buying experience. You can also check the BBB to see if it has any disputes and whether those disputes were resolved professionally. Try contacting the company via email and phone number, if it's posted to ask questions about its business before you buy anything.
2. If you feel you will be making a lot of online purchases in the future, consider applying for a separate charge card to use only for these transactions. It is simpler to track all transactions should they be the only items listed about this card's transaction records. Additionally, you don't need to worry regarding your own funds being compromised, even temporarily, if you are a victim of fraud.
3. If you are shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is absolutely no website that needs this number for you to make a purchase. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, you may be on a scam website. Leave this site and discover one which has a better reputation.
4. While shopping online, make sure that the online store offers secure checkout. This will help protect your individual information from being stolen. To ensure the site is encrypted look up into your web browser's URL box. The site is secured if the website starts with https. This means hyper transfer protocol secure.
5. Shopping online is a wonderful way to save money as you can check around so easily. If you're looking to save as much money as possible, remember to check out any deals that this online store may offer. Most stores offer some from of sale or deal frequently, so you should be able to find a great deal that will help you save much more money.