1. Once you enjoy the ease of frequent online shopping, it's essential to keep changing the passwords you use for each account. Every few weeks roughly, make up a brand new password for the bank and the shopping sites directly. Use abstract words, combined with numbers and other odd characters for that strongest passwords.
2. Make sure that you're entering your payment details on a good site. Try to find "https://" inside the URL from the site that you're trying to buy something from. If you don't see that or no sign of any website security, then it's probably a wise idea not to trust those people together with your account information.
3. If you want to buy books online, you'll obtain a better deal if you get them used. Depending on the condition you obtain them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you go through the description of the book to see if there are any damages you should be aware of.
4. Shop around while shopping online. You will probably find that prices for certain items can vary greatly from one store to another. To be sure you get the best deal, look at various stores to discover their prices, as well as shipping charge. This will allow you to get the best deal you are able to.
5. Be skeptical of overdoing it. It is much easier to overspend if you are shopping online. You start to rationalize that you can spend more money for those shoes because you saved money on gas and the food you would have gotten should you went to the mall, for example. Give yourself a restriction and follow it.