1. Get engaged in the social media of the favorite online retailers. Brands with big online presences typically put lots of money behind their social media, and that includes offering their followers some mega-discounts and exclusive deals. You may be one of the lucky ones scoring these deals with just a quick follow or fanning.
2. Always save copies of your orders and receipts from online purchases. Many stores will redirect one to a page after you've submitted a purchase detailing exactly what was bought, customer information, the prices, etc. You should either print a copy of this or save a duplicate to your computer in case any issues arise before the end of the return period. Be sure to save any emails concerning your items' status or correspondence with the company regarding your orders, too.
3. A good online shopping tip to remember is always to leave feedback after buying from a source you've never bought from before. This will help the both of you because you'll remember whether or not you've had a good experience from them, and they can also acquire a reputation as being a seller.
4. For those who have questions while shopping, look for a live chat function in the online store. Many big brands (and even some boutique stores) now have this functionality. You can chat immediately with a customer support representative to repair any issues or answer any questions before buying. That can present you with a lot of satisfaction.
5. To safeguard yourself use a credit card when you shop online. The federal government has passed laws to protect consumers in the event of fraud. The amount the buyer is responsible for is really a mere $50.00 as compared to debit cards where the entire balance can be withdrawn by internet hackers.