1. Be careful which sites you patronize. It is difficult to know which are on the up and up and which can be not, but there are a few clues. If the address does not seem sensible or the design seems off, go to a different site. Furthermore, if a bunch of pop-up windows begin appearing, close them out and move on.
2. If you're making an online purchase, don't hesitate to contact customer support if you have a matter. By contacting customer service before you make your order, you'll discover how helpful customer service is and how quickly they respond. This really is useful information to have when something goes completely wrong after you've made your purchase.
3. When you shop online, ensure that the online store offers secure checkout. This will assist protect your personal information from being stolen. To ensure the website is encrypted look up into your web browser's URL box. The site is secured if the website starts with https. This means hyper transfer protocol secure.
4. Whenever you enjoy the comfort of frequent shopping online, it's essential to keep changing the passwords you use for every account. Every few weeks approximately, make up a new password to your bank and also the shopping sites directly. Use abstract words, combined with numbers and other odd characters for that strongest passwords.
5. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful with the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or greater than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if the item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.