1. Find out the online store's return policy. If you are considering creating a purchase on an item that you might want to return, be sure you find out if returning the item is an option. Sometimes when you shop online, items are unable to be returned and you may not want to be saddled with an unwanted item.
2. When shopping online, always try to keep in mind the cost of shipping. Many sites offer free shipping on orders over a certain quantity. In the event that you have to pay shipping, make sure that it is going to match your budget after you've added everything for your cart. Having a full cart only to find out you cannot afford the shipping is never an enjoyable experience.
3. When you are making any purchases online and you are required to make a user account, never make use of the same passwords that you use on other websites. Do not use your e-mail or banking password to make a free account to buy shoes from a web retailer. If someone was able to check this out password, they could have access to not only your profile on the retailer's store.
4. Sign up for your preferred online stores' newsletters. Often online stores will send out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to spend less, you could possibly score some terrific deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.
5. If you're concerned about whether a shopping site is legitimate or otherwise not, do some research about this. The internet could be a great way to learn about other people's experiences with various sites. In the event the reviews of others seem promising, consider making a small first order. This can allow you to test out the customer service, shipping, and gain a feel for the organization without risking a lot of money.