1. Always remember your financial budget and credit limits when you shop online. The virtual arena of online shopping has become a lot of people in serious debt. You need to examine online shopping in the same way you look at offline shopping. Never buy items online that you don't have the cash to pay for.
2. Once you enjoy the comfort of frequent shopping online, it's very important to keep changing the passwords you use for every account. Every couple of weeks roughly, make up a whole new password for your bank and the shopping sites directly. Use abstract words, combined with numbers and other odd characters for your strongest passwords.
3. Find out the online store's return policy. If you are considering building a purchase on an item that you might like to return, make sure to find out if returning the item is an option. Sometimes when you shop online, items are unable to be returned and you may not want to be stuck with an unwanted item.
4. When you are shopping online, make sure that you are merely shopping on secure websites. Look in the site URL plus it should display "https" instead of the usual "http" at the beginning. Usually have an updated copy of anti-virus running on your computer also. This will make sure that you have a safe online shopping experience.
5. If you want to buy books online, you'll get yourself a better deal if you get them used. Based on the condition you obtain them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you read the description of the book to see if there are any damages you should be aware of.