1. In case a company has a newsletter, sign-up. Often, companies will give sneak peeks, deals and online coupons to people on their mailing list. However, be careful. You don't want to sign up for every company's newsletter or you'll soon be buried under endless emails. Only join a company's newsletter in the event you really like their products and services and would use a coupon code.
2. Never give out your Social Security number for an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and private information to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you continue an online store site and discover that as a requirement, do not buy everything from them and shop someplace else.
3. Look for coupons before purchasing a product online. Most online stores always have some promotional offers happening. If you do not find any information regarding current offers on the site of the online store, look on other sites. Customers sometimes share their discount codes on message boards or couponning blogs.
4. If you want to buy a used product online, learn more about the owner first. You should visit their profile and search for reviews published by other shoppers who bought products from this seller. Tend not to hesitate to contact the seller to inquire about a few questions concerning the product you are looking at.
5. Check out coupon sites. Whatever you desire to buy may have coupons or discount codes. Before you buy something, make sure that you have the ability to have a few seconds and do a quick search. You might even desire to bookmark some coupon sites to have ready when you buy.