Italy, the eighth largest economy in the world is a popular republic of Europe. Rome, Venice, Florence, Milan, Naples, Verona and Ventimiglia are the top cities of this country. Italy happens to be the home to the highest number of artistic, cultural and historical sites in the world.
Italy, the land of dreams, a treasure of alluring landscapes and plenty of eye-catching attractions is a lively and exotic tourist destination that has been stealing the hearts of the people from last many decades. Situated in the southern region of Europe, Italy boasts a serene culture and ancient civilization that makes it a wonderful destination to be at. Home to a large number of iconic landmarks and wonderful sights, it has always been a favorite vacation spot for tourists from all over the world.
With a plenty of things to see, places to visit and spots to explore; Italy is a bundle of joy that entertains all its visitors. Though the warm culture and friendly people make the stay in Italy a memorable experience, but a few things and aspects even affect the vacation. There are certain things that need to be taken care while being in Italy, below is the list that shall be referred to, before planning a trip.
- Tipping is prohibited: Italian cuisine is known to be one of the most amazing and unique experiences in the world. While dining or having a meal at any of the restaurants in Italy, it is advised not to tip the waiters or the bartenders as it is considered to be offensive. The rule shall be followed in each and every restaurant so as to save oneself from going behind the bars.
- Be careful with the gestures: Each nation has its own language and culture and thus the meaning of the gestures and actions are also different. Knowing about them is important as using wrong gestures and imitating them publicly could put one in trouble. A local guide can be hired to help exploring the places and understand the language of the people so that a high amount of fine is not paid in lieu of the offense.
- Cover shoulders and knees before going to a church: Italy has a treasure of a large number of churches and a major part of the itinerary of the tourists visiting it. A visit to the churches with open shoulders, dresses above the knees and midriffs is not advisable at all. These places are meant for worship and are high in religious importance, so following some guidelines is a must. There are strict dress codes in certain parts of the country.
- Never touch a product without permission: The markets of Italy serve various things and items that are attractive and unique. A visit to them makes one witness and delve into the culture of the country. While taking a stroll through the markets, the visitors are not allowed to touch the products without any permission of the seller. Special care shall be given to the grocery items, which can only be touched by wearing the plastic gloves.
- Avoid plastic money, Use cash: Many shops, restaurants and places do not accept payments through credit cards and debit cards. Keeping cash is a necessity during a visit to Italy as the shortage of ATMs and extra charges on withdrawal are the drawbacks that have to be faced. Showing extra notes for a cup of coffee, can put one in trouble and charged for tipping. Cash should be kept handy for avoiding uncertain situations.
Though these are the basic things, more can be learned .