1. Make sure to read all the information about any product you are considering purchasing. Just looking in a picture online can be deceiving sometimes. It will make a product look bigger or smaller than it is. Make sure to read the description which means you know exactly what you really are purchasing.
2. Before purchasing a product online, find out more about shipping. If you do not find any details about shipping costs, contact the vendor to find out if there are additional charges for shipping. If there are several shipping options, choose an affordable and reliable option to make sure you receive your product quickly.
3. If you're making an online purchase, don't hesitate to contact customer service if you have an issue. By contacting customer service prior to making your order, you'll discover how helpful customer service is and just how quickly they respond. This can be useful information to have in case something fails after you've made your purchase.
4. Although it may seem tedious, make sure you read the contract and terms before you purchase at a website. These documents have valuable info on what you can and cannot do when you have an issue with the item that you bought. Read them thoroughly to ensure that you do not have an unwelcome surprise when trying to come back items.
5. Always save copies of your orders and receipts from online purchases. Many stores will redirect one to a page after you've submitted a purchase detailing anything that was bought, customer information, the prices, etc. You should either print a copy of this or save a duplicate to your computer in case any issues arise before the end of the return period. Be sure to save any emails regarding your items' status or correspondence with the company regarding your orders, too.