1. If you're making an online purchase, don't hesitate to contact customer care if you have a question. By contacting customer service prior to making your order, you'll find out how helpful customer support is and just how quickly they respond. This really is useful information to have in case something goes wrong after you've made your purchase.
2. Many online shopping sites offer discounts if you use a "discount code". These codes are easily found online by entering the words "coupon code" along with the manufacturer or name of the website you will be buying from. They may offer a percentage off or free shipping just by entering in a simple code which can be easily found by investing a few minutes looking for it.
3. Make it a habit to register for price alerts. This goes for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will tell you when a product has dropped to a price you like. And if you've recently purchased at full price, you can request a price adjustment to meet the brand new deal.
4. If you're concerned with whether a shopping site is legitimate or otherwise, do some research about this. The internet could be a great way to discover other people's experiences with assorted sites. When the reviews of others seem promising, consider making a small first order. This can enable you to test out the consumer service, shipping, and acquire a feel for the company without risking a lot of money.
5. When you're shopping online you should be sure that you know who you're buying from. If you're buying upon an online auction site, only order from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see if they are a reputable company by looking for reviews to them online.