1. If you're worried about whether a shopping site is legitimate or otherwise not, do some research regarding it. The internet could be a great way to learn about other people's experiences with different sites. In the event the reviews of others seem promising, consider making a small first order. This can enable you to test out the client service, shipping, and obtain a feel for the organization without risking a lot of money.
2. When you're shopping online you should be sure that you know who you're buying from. If you're buying upon an online auction site, only purchase from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see should they be a reputable company by looking for reviews on them online.
3. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Lots of the big retailers often have promotions running which are not advertised on the home page. Performing a quick look for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
4. Before shopping from a store that is new to you, learn what the store's reputation is much like. You can usually do an online search and learn what others think of the business. It is best to do this so you do not find out the tough way and lose your cash.
5. Do not spend too much funds on shipping. Shipping charges can actually add up. Many sites offer free shipping, free shipping once you spend a certain amount, or possess a coupon code that allows you to get free delivery. Instead of paying your hard earned cash on shipping, look for a store that ships for free.