1. Be mindful which sites you patronize. It is difficult to know which are around the up and up and that are not, but there are a few clues. If the address does not seem sensible or the design seems off, go to a different site. Furthermore, if a variety of pop-up windows begin appearing, close them out and move on.
2. A great way to stay safe when shopping online is in order to avoid clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from the company, go to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails requesting personal information or account information.
3. Always remember your finances and credit limits while shopping online. The virtual realm of online shopping has become a lot of people in serious debt. You need to examine online shopping in the same manner you look at offline shopping. Never buy items online that you don't have the cash to pay for.
4. Many online shopping sites offer discounts if you use a "discount code". These codes can be found online by entering the words "coupon code" along with the manufacturer or name of the website you will be buying from. They might offer a percentage off or free shipping simply by entering within a simple code which can be easily found by investing a few minutes looking for it.
5. Be wary of any emails you receive, even if they appear to be from the retailer you trust. Never click on a web link that directs you to a website other than usually the one you shopped on. If you do, you may become vulnerable to a gimmick. Rather than clicking on an email hyperlink, just go approximately your browser and type in the web site you want to go to. It really is much safer that way.