1. A great tip to keep in mind when you're thinking about online shopping is to ensure the site is legit. You don't desire to be giving your credit card information away to somebody that could potentially scam you. Always look at the site to tell if it's professional and safe to use.
2. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful with all the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or greater than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if an item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
3. When getting things shipped to your home that you bought online, know your consumer rights regarding time tables and condition of merchandise. You have a directly to receive items according to the terms stated when you ordered them and reasonable expectations of goods being undamaged. Talk with the BBB for exact specifics and get what's arriving at you fairly!
4. If you are looking at purchasing from the seller for the first time, take a moment to carefully examine their past customer reviews. As a general rule this will provide you with an approximate idea of which kind of goods and services you ought to expect yourself. Anyone who has been rated lowly time and time again ought to be given a broad swerve.
5. Learn the online store's return policy. If you are considering creating a purchase on an item that you may want to return, be sure you find out if returning the item is definitely an option. Sometimes when you shop online, items can not be returned and you do not want to be stuck with an unwanted item.