1. Sign up for the website's newsletter if they have one. Many times stores will give you a reduction or some kind of deal once you sign up for their newsletter. Find out if there is a deal associated with signing up for the newsletter at any store you need to shop at.
2. Make sure that you're entering your payment details on a safe and secure site. Try to find "https://" within the URL in the site that you're seeking to buy something from. If you don't see that or no indication of any website security, then it's probably a great idea not to trust those people along with your account information.
3. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful with all the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or larger than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if the item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
4. When looking for a product online, take the time to read reviews. Try finding the same product on different sites to read as many reviews as is possible. Reading many reviews will allow you to get a more general concept of whether or not the item you are interested in meets high standards of quality.
5. When you are online shopping, make sure that you are just shopping on secure websites. Look in the website URL and it also should display "https" instead of the usual "http" at the beginning. Also have an up to date copy of anti-virus running on your computer as well. This will make sure that you have a safe online shopping experience.