1. A great way to stay safe while shopping online is in order to avoid clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from the company, proceed to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails requesting personal information or account information.
2. Find out the online store's return policy. If you are considering making a purchase on an item that you might like to return, make sure to find out if returning the item is an option. Sometimes when you shop online, items are unable to be returned and you may not want to be saddled with an unwanted item.
3. Before shopping from a store that is new to you, discover what the store's reputation is much like. You can usually do a web-based search and discover what others think of the business. It is best to do that so you may not find out the hard way and lose your hard earned money.
4. Be careful where you submit your bank card information. If you are shopping online, only use secure sites. These are sites that have taken steps to guard your valuable information. A secured website will begin with HTTPS rather than the standard HTTP. There will also be a locked icon, either in your address or status bar, depending on which browser you use.
5. Online shopping is a great way to find items that are out of stock at your local store. For example, if you are unable to find a certain size of jeans at the store in your area, you can look on the store's website and find out if they are available to be shipped to you.