1. If you're making an online purchase, don't hesitate to contact customer care if you have a question. By contacting customer service before making your order, you'll discover how helpful customer support is and how quickly they respond. This is useful information to have when something goes wrong after you've made your purchase.
2. Make it a habit to register for price alerts. This goes for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will let you know when a product has dropped to a price you like. And in case you've recently purchased at full price, you can request a price adjustment to meet the newest deal.
3. Be mindful which sites you patronize. It is difficult to know which are around the up or higher and that are not, but there are a few clues. If the address does not seem sensible or the design seems off, go to a different site. Furthermore, if a lot of pop-up windows begin appearing, close them out and move on.
4. When you're shopping online you have to be sure that you know who you're buying from. If you're buying with an online auction site, only order from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see should they be a reputable company by looking for reviews to them online.
5. A great way to stay safe when you shop online is to avoid clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from a company, go to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails asking for personal information or account information.