1. If you feel you will be making a lot of online purchases later on, consider applying for a separate charge card to use simply for these transactions. It is easier to track all transactions when they are the only items listed with this card's transaction records. Additionally, you don't need to worry concerning your own funds being compromised, even temporarily, if you are a victim of fraud.
2. In case you are shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is no website that needs this number for you to make a purchase. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, you are probably on a scam website. Leave this site and find one which has a better reputation.
3. If a website is not secure, do not buy something. Simply look up at the web address when you are shopping. If you notice an "https" instead of an "http," you can feel confident enough to insert your credit card information. However, if there is no "s" inside the address, move on to a different site to be on the safe side.
4. When you're shopping online you need to be sure you are aware who you're buying from. If you're buying with an online auction site, only order from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see when they are a reputable company by searching for reviews upon them online.
5. Shopping online is a wonderful way to save money because you can look around so easily. If you're looking to save as much money as possible, remember to check out any deals that this online store may offer. Most stores offer some from of sale or deal frequently, so you should be able to find a great deal that will help you save a lot more money.