1. If you're making an online purchase, don't hesitate to contact customer care if you have an issue. By contacting customer service before you make your order, you'll discover how helpful customer service is and just how quickly they respond. This is useful information to have in the event that something fails after you've made your purchase.
2. In case you are shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is absolutely no website that really needs this number for you to buy something. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, perhaps you are on a scam website. Leave this site and discover one that has a better reputation.
3. Read customer testimonials before you buy anything. People are more than pleased to complain about bad service online, so try to find sites and testimonials that are terrible so you know what you're getting into. You should take bad reviews having a grain of salt, but if you see many, you know there exists a problem.
4. When shopping online, always try to keep in mind the buying price of shipping. Many sites offer free shipping on purchases over a specific amount. In the event that you do have to pay shipping, make sure that it is going to match your budget after you've added everything to your cart. Having a full cart only to find out you cannot afford the shipping is never an enjoyable experience.
5. Check out coupon sites. Anything you want to buy could have coupons or discount codes. Before you purchase something, ensure that you have the ability to have a few seconds and do a quick search. You might even desire to bookmark some coupon sites to have ready when you buy.