1. Shopping online is a wonderful way to save money because you can shop around so easily. If you're looking to save as much money as possible, remember to check out any deals the online store may offer. Most stores offer some from of sale or deal frequently, which means you should be able to find a great deal that will help you save much more money.
2. When shopping online, be certain the site you might be on starts with "https". The "S" signifies that the site is secure, which entails that you can safely enter your personal information without having to be worried about identity theft. If a site does not have the "S" in it, you might want to avoid using it.
3. Sign-up for any id theft protection your credit card company offers, specifically if you shop online often. No matter how safe you are or how diligently you believe it is possible to protect your information, it's never one hundred percent guaranteed. Take full advantage of automatic ID protection and know you will have back-up, should the worst occur.
4. To help protect your credit, use only one credit card for online purchases. This will help you quickly track your spending habits when the credit card statement comes in the mail. If you notice any charges which you did not make, call the credit card company immediately and report it to them.
5. Try to find coupons before purchasing a product online. Most online stores usually have some promotional offers happening. If you do not find any information about current offers on the site in the online store, look on other sites. Customers sometimes share their online coupons on message boards or couponning blogs.