1. Before shopping from a store that is unfamiliar with you, learn what the store's reputation is similar to. You can usually do an internet search and find out what others think of the business. It is best to accomplish this so you do not find out the tough way and lose your cash.
2. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Lots of the big retailers often have promotions running that are not advertised on the home page. Performing a quick search for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
3. If you're considering buying a product online, check out the reviews. The reviews from other people that have used the product will be able to give you a good idea about the product. You might be able to find out the quality of the product, if it worked as described, and if you should make the purchase.
4. Make it a habit to register for price alerts. This goes even for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will tell you when a product has dropped to a price you like. And in case you've recently purchased at full price, you can ask for a price adjustment to meet the newest deal.
5. Internet shopping is a wonderful way to save money since you can shop around so easily. If you're looking to save as much money as possible, remember to check out any deals the online store may offer. Most stores offer some from of sale or deal frequently, which means you should be able to find a great deal that will help you save a lot more money.