1. If you're making an online purchase, don't hesitate to contact customer care if you have an issue. By contacting customer service prior to making your order, you'll find out how helpful customer care is and how quickly they respond. This can be useful information to have in the event that something goes wrong after you've made your purchase.
2. If you are going to become doing some shopping online, make sure you understand the liability for every credit card you use online. Many credit cards have automatic fraud prevention built-in while others offer it for a minimal fee. You do not would like to get stuck with purchases made on the card when the number is stolen.
3. If you feel that you will be making a lot of online purchases down the road, consider applying for a separate bank card to use just for these transactions. It is much easier to track all transactions when they are the only items listed with this card's transaction records. Additionally, you don't need to worry regarding your own funds being compromised, even temporarily, if you are a victim of fraud.
4. When shopping online, make sure that the online store offers secure checkout. This will help protect your individual information from being stolen. To ensure the site is encrypted search for into your web browser's URL box. The web page is secured if the website starts with https. This stands for hyper transfer protocol secure.
5. Before investing in a product online, find out more about shipping. If you do not find any details about shipping costs, contact the owner to find out if there are additional charges for shipping. If there are several shipping options, choose an affordable and reliable option to make sure you receive your product quickly.