1. When shopping online, always try to keep in mind the buying price of shipping. Many sites offer free shipping on orders over a certain quantity. In the event that you have to pay shipping, make sure that it is going to fit into your budget after you've added everything for your cart. Having a full cart only to find out you are unable to afford the shipping is never an enjoyable experience.
2. Make sure that you're entering your payment details on a secure site. Search for "https://" inside the URL of the site that you're attempting to buy something from. If you don't see that or no sign of any website security, then it's probably a wise idea not to trust those people with your account information.
3. Read customer testimonials before you buy anything. People are more than happy to complain about bad service online, so look for sites and testimonials which are terrible so you are aware what you're getting into. You ought to take bad reviews using a grain of salt, but if you see many, you know you will find a problem.
4. When shopping for a specific item, check several different online retailers. Many times with a little searching, you save as much as 25 %. Look at a variety of websites to ensure that you are getting the best deal. When figuring each website's price, ensure you include shipping costs into your calculations.
5. Before buying coming from a new online retailer, do some research on them. Check online reviews from other customers to see the way it handles items like customer service, shipping, and its overall buying experience. You can also look into the BBB to find out if it has any disputes and whether those disputes were resolved professionally. Try contacting the company via email and phone number, if it's posted to ask questions on its business before you buy anything.