1. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful with all the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or larger than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if the item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
2. Online shopping is a great way to save money because you can check around so easily. If you're looking to save as much money as possible, remember to check out any deals that this online store may offer. Most stores offer some from of sale or deal frequently, so you should be able to find a great deal that may help you save even more money.
3. Ensure that you're entering your payment details on a good site. Try to find "https://" in the URL in the site that you're attempting to buy something from. If you don't see that or no symbol of any website security, then it's probably a wise idea not to trust those people along with your account information.
4. If you want to buy books online, you'll get a better deal if you get them used. Based on the condition you receive them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you read through the description of the book to see if there are any damages you should be aware of.
5. Before shopping from a store that is a new comer to you, find out what the store's reputation is like. You can usually do an online search and discover what others think of the business. It is best to accomplish this so you may not find out the hard way and lose your hard earned money.