1. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Many of the big retailers often have promotions running that are not advertised on their own home page. Doing a quick search for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
2. When getting things shipped to your home that you bought online, know your consumer rights regarding time tables and condition of products. You have a directly to receive items according to the terms stated when you ordered them and reasonable expectations of goods being undamaged. Consult with the BBB for exact specifics and acquire what's coming to you fairly!
3. When searching for a product online, take the time to read reviews. Try finding the same product on different sites to read as much reviews as you can. Reading many reviews can help you get a more general notion of whether or not the item you are interested in meets high standards of quality.
4. Sign up for your preferred online stores' newsletters. Many times online stores will send out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to save money, you could possibly score some great deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.
5. Get engaged in the social media of your own favorite internet retailers. Brands with big online presences typically put lots of money behind their social media, and this includes offering their followers some mega-discounts and exclusive deals. You can be one of the lucky ones scoring these works with just a quick follow or fanning.