1. When shopping online, make sure that the online store offers secure checkout. This helps protect your individual information from being stolen. To ensure the site is encrypted search for into your web browser's URL box. The web page is secured if the website starts with https. This is short for hyper transfer protocol secure.
2. Speak with your friends regarding their favorite online shops. There are millions of sites out there, and there is no method for you to find them all yourself. Talk to the people you know to find out who the reputable online retailers are, and where they like to look. This will save you a lot of time and energy.
3. When you enjoy the convenience of frequent shopping online, it's essential to keep changing the passwords you use for each account. Every few weeks roughly, make up a brand new password for the bank and also the shopping sites directly. Use abstract words, combined with numbers and other odd characters for the strongest passwords.
4. Sign up for your chosen online stores' newsletters. Many times online stores will send out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to spend less, you might be able to score some good deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.
5. Should you shop frequently at a certain website or online store, it may be worth it to sign up for their email updates which often have special deals and sales. This can translate into savings for you as you may obtain a discount in the item as well as free shipping, which can add up to bigger savings if you pick from the site often.