1. Before shopping from a store that is unfamiliar with you, learn what the store's reputation is much like. You can usually do an internet search and find out what others think of the business. It is best to accomplish this so you may not find out the hard way and lose your money.
2. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Lots of the big retailers often have promotions running that are not advertised on the home page. Doing a quick hunt for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
3. Be careful where you submit your bank card information. When you are shopping online, only use secure sites. These are sites that have taken steps to guard your valuable information. A secured website will begin with HTTPS rather than the standard HTTP. There can also be a locked icon, in a choice of your address or status bar, according to which browser you use.
4. Look for the right times to shop online. Often the stores that you frequent will have online sales that follow a time pattern. Many, for instance, schedule sales for the beginning of the month or at the end. If you see there's a pattern, hold off on buying anything until the upcoming sales period begins.
5. Before shopping from a store that is unfamiliar with you, discover what the store's reputation is like. You can usually do a web-based search and learn what others think of the business. It is best to do this so you do not find out the tough way and lose your hard earned money.