1. Before investing in a product online, find out more about shipping. If you do not find any information regarding shipping costs, contact the vendor to find out if there are additional charges for shipping. If there are several shipping options, choose an affordable and reliable option to make sure you receive your product quickly.
2. Shop around while shopping online. You might find that prices for certain items can vary greatly from store to store. To be sure you get the best deal, look at some different stores to learn their prices, as well as shipping charge. This will allow you to get the very best deal you are able to.
3. If a website is not secure, do not make a purchase. Simply check out at the website address when you are shopping. If you notice an "https" rather than an "http," you can feel confident enough to insert your charge card information. However, if there is no "s" within the address, proceed to a different site to be around the safe side.
4. Before buying coming from a new online retailer, perform some research on them. Check online reviews from other customers to see the way it handles items like customer service, shipping, and its overall buying experience. You can also look at the BBB to see if it has any disputes and whether those disputes were resolved professionally. Try contacting the company via email and phone number, if it's posted to ask questions regarding its business before you buy anything.
5. Never give out your Social Security number with an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and private information to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you carry on an online store site and see that as a requirement, usually do not buy everything from them and shop somewhere else.