1. When shopping online, always try to keep in mind the buying price of shipping. Many sites offer free shipping on purchases over a certain quantity. In the event that you do have to pay shipping, make sure that it is going to squeeze into your budget after you've added everything in your cart. Having a full cart only to find out you cannot afford the shipping is never a fun experience.
2. If you're making an online purchase, don't hesitate to contact customer support if you have an issue. By contacting customer service prior to making your order, you'll learn how helpful customer care is and just how quickly they respond. This can be useful information to have when something goes wrong after you've made your purchase.
3. If you want to spend less on the products you get online and would like to make internet shopping more fun, consider auction sites. You will get some terrific deals should you place your bids at the right moment and have some fun while browsing through auctions. Learn more about bidding strategies prior to getting started.
4. Be mindful where you submit your charge card information. If you are shopping online, only use secure sites. These are sites that have taken steps to guard your valuable information. A secured website will begin with HTTPS rather than the standard HTTP. There can also be a locked icon, either in your address or status bar, depending on which browser you use.
5. When you are online shopping, you should only shop at reputable stores. If the store does not have a strong reputation, you may be seeking trouble. Some people have had their credit card and private information stolen from shopping on less than reputable websites. Be careful and protect your private information.