1. When you are shopping online, you should only shop at reputable stores. If the store does not have a good reputation, you may be seeking trouble. Some people have had their credit card and private information stolen from shopping on under reputable websites. Be careful and protect your private information.
2. Make sure that you're entering your payment details on a secure site. Search for "https://" in the URL in the site that you're seeking to buy something from. If you don't see that or no indication of any website security, then it's probably a wise idea not to trust those people with your account information.
3. If you like an internet store, subscribe to their email distribution list. You will probably receive some coupons and information about deals within your mailbox. Check these emails regularly to stay up to date with good deals and promotional offers. Most online stores often offer free delivery or discounts on certain products.
4. Online shopping is a wonderful way to save money as you can look around so easily. If you're looking to save as much money as possible, remember to check out any deals the online store may offer. Most stores offer some from of sale or deal frequently, so you should be able to find a great deal that may help you save a lot more money.
5. If you frequently shop online, ensure your antimalware is always high quality and updated. Major shopping sites are frequently targeted by hackers along with other shady types who make an effort to steal your own personal identification or get into your accounts. Heed any warnings your security software gives you about sites and report suspicious activity to the webmaster of the shopping site.