1. Always look for discount codes when shopping on the net. Many internet retailers give out discounts for various things and you can find them by doing a simple search. Just enter the name from the store and coupon and you could find a great discount. This can be a great way to spend less when you shop online.
2. If a company has a newsletter, register. Often, companies will give sneak peeks, promotions and discount codes to people on their mailing list. However, be careful. You don't want to sign up for every company's newsletter or you'll soon be buried under endless emails. Only join a company's newsletter should you really like their goods and would use a promotion code.
3. When you're shopping online you need to be sure that you know who you're buying from. If you're buying on an online auction site, only purchase from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see should they be a reputable company by searching for reviews on them online.
4. Online shopping is a great way to find items that are out of stock at your local store. As an example, if you are unable to find a certain size of jeans at the store in your area, you can look on the store's website and find out if they are accessible to be shipped to you.
5. When you are making any purchases online and you are required to create a user account, never make use of the same passwords that you use on other websites. Do not use your e-mail or banking password to make a free account to buy shoes from a web retailer. If someone was able to check this out password, they could have access to more than just your profile on the retailer's store.