1. If you feel that you will be making a lot of online purchases in the future, consider applying for a separate credit card to use simply for these transactions. It is much easier to track all transactions when they are the only items listed on this card's transaction records. Additionally, you don't need to worry about your own funds being compromised, even temporarily, if you are a victim of fraud.
2. When you shop online, be sure that the online store offers secure checkout. This will assist protect your own personal information from being stolen. To ensure the site is encrypted check out into your web browser's URL box. The site is secured if the website starts with https. This means hyper transfer protocol secure.
3. Turn it into a habit to sign up for price alerts. It goes even for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will let you know when a product has dropped to a price you want. And if you've recently purchased at full price, it is possible to ask for a price adjustment to meet the new deal.
4. Never give out your Social Security number to an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and personal information to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you continue an online store site and discover that being a requirement, do not buy everything from them and shop someplace else.
5. If you are shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is absolutely no website that really needs this number for you to buy something. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, perhaps you are on a scam website. Leave this site and locate one which has a better reputation.