1. Be extra careful when you try to find shopping deals on social networking. Although it's a great way to get announcements regarding sales and coupon-codes, social media marketing accounts can easily be impersonated as well as out-right hacked. Get your information about the social networking sites, then proceed directly to the primary site of the store mentioned to wheel and deal.
2. Once you enjoy the ease of frequent online shopping, it's extremely important to keep changing the passwords you use for each and every account. Every few weeks approximately, make up a new password to your bank as well as the shopping sites directly. Use abstract words, combined with numbers and other odd characters for your strongest passwords.
3. Make it a habit to register for price alerts. This goes even for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will tell you when a product has dropped to a price you like. And when you've recently purchased at full price, you can request a price adjustment to meet the brand new deal.
4. After you have found the items you desire, check to see if there are any coupons offered. There are many websites that offer coupons. These coupons can be a certain percent off, a certain dollar amount off or free freight. Many times several coupons are given. If this is the situation, choose the one which will save you the most money.
5. To help protect your credit, use only one credit card for online purchases. This will help you quickly track your spending habits when the credit card statement is available in the mail. If you notice any charges that you did not make, call the credit card company immediately and report it to them.