1. A great way to stay safe when you shop online is to avoid clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from a company, go to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails asking for personal information or account information.
2. If you feel you will be making a lot of online purchases down the road, consider trying to get a separate credit card to use only for these transactions. It is simpler to track all transactions if they are the only items listed about this card's transaction records. Additionally, you don't need to worry regarding your own funds being compromised, even temporarily, if you are a victim of fraud.
3. Whenever you enjoy the convenience of frequent online shopping, it's very important to keep changing the passwords you use for every account. Every couple of weeks approximately, make up a whole new password for the bank and also the shopping sites directly. Use abstract words, combined with numbers and other odd characters for that strongest passwords.
4. Sign up for the website's newsletter if they have one. Many times stores will give you a discount or some kind of deal whenever you sign up for their newsletter. Determine if there is a deal associated with signing up for the newsletter at any store you need to shop at.
5. Should you be looking for the best coupons, consider subscribing to the newsletters of the stores that you love the most. Often stores give their best coupons and discounts to those that have signed up the very first time. And they'll continue to provide great deals to those that have shown big interest in the brand, so the signup can lead to some phenomenal savings.