1. When you are creating any purchases on the web and you are required to produce a user account, never make use of the same passwords that you use on other websites. Do not make use of e-mail or banking password to make your account to buy shoes from a web retailer. If somebody was able to see this password, they can have access to not only your profile on the retailer's store.
2. Before shopping from a store that is new to you, discover what the store's reputation is like. You can usually do a web-based search and discover what others think of the business. It is best to accomplish this so you may not find out the difficult way and lose your hard earned money.
3. If you like an online store, sign up for their email distribution list. You will probably receive some coupons and information about deals in your mailbox. Check these emails regularly to remain up to date with good deals and promotional offers. Most online stores often offer free delivery or discounts on certain products.
4. When you are shopping online, make sure that you are only shopping on secure websites. Look in the website URL and it should display "https" instead of the usual "http" at the beginning. Usually have an up-to-date copy of anti-virus running on your computer also. This will ensure that you have a safe online shopping experience.
5. Sign up for your favorite online stores' newsletters. Many times online stores will send out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to save money, you could possibly score some terrific deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.