1. Before shopping from a store that is unfamiliar with you, discover what the store's reputation is much like. You can usually do an internet search and discover what others think of the business. It is best to do that so you do not find out the tough way and lose your cash.
2. If you frequently shop online, make sure your antimalware is always top-notch and up to date. Major shopping sites are frequently targeted by hackers and other shady types who make an effort to steal your individual identification or get into your accounts. Heed any warnings your security software offers you about sites and report suspicious activity to the webmaster of the shopping site.
3. Be extra careful when you try to find shopping deals on social networking. Although it's a great way to get announcements regarding sales and coupon-codes, social media accounts can be easily impersonated as well as out-right hacked. Get your information about the social networks, then proceed directly to the main site in the store mentioned to wheel and deal.
4. If you're considering buying a product online, look into the reviews. The reviews from other people that have used the product should be able to give you a good idea about the product. You could possibly find out the caliber of the product, when it worked as described, and if you should have the purchase.
5. Never give out your Social Security number with an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and private information to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you continue an online store site and see that as being a requirement, do not buy anything from them and shop somewhere else.