1. For those who have questions while shopping, choose a live chat function on the online store. Many big brands (and even some boutique stores) now have this functionality. It is possible to chat immediately with a customer service representative to correct any issues or answer any questions before buying. That can provide you with a lot of reassurance.
2. Before shopping from a store that is unfamiliar with you, find out what the store's reputation is much like. You can usually do an online search and discover what others think of the business. It is best to accomplish this so you do not find out the hard way and lose your hard earned money.
3. Never give out your Social Security number for an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and private information to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you go on an online store site and find out that as a requirement, do not buy anything from them and shop elsewhere.
4. If you find a fantastic product on the favorite site, search for it in an internet search engine before you buy it. Make note of the model number or brand, and do a quick search to make sure you can't obtain it cheaper from somewhere else. You might be able to save a few dollars that way.
5. To protect yourself use a credit card when shopping online. The federal government has passed laws to protect consumers in the event of fraud. The amount the consumer is responsible for is really a mere $50.00 as compared to atm cards where the entire balance can be withdrawn by internet hackers.