1. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Most of the big retailers often have promotions running which are not advertised on their own home page. Performing a quick search for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
2. In case you have questions while shopping, search for a live chat function on the online store. Many big brands (and even some boutique stores) now have this functionality. You are able to chat immediately with a customer support representative to fix any issues or answer any questions before buying. That can give you a lot of satisfaction.
3. A great way to stay safe when you shop online is to prevent clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from a company, go to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails seeking personal information or account information.
4. Make sure that you're entering your payment details on a secure site. Look for "https://" in the URL from the site that you're seeking to buy something from. If you don't see that or no symbol of any website security, then it's probably a great idea not to trust those people together with your account information.
5. Ensure that when you buy something online, you are aware of if the site is secure or not. You may not want your information being compromised in this day and age. Identity theft is quite common, and also you must protect your information in any way cost so that you will wish to keep making purchases online.