1. When looking for a product online, take the time to read reviews. Try finding the same product on different sites to read as many reviews as possible. Reading many reviews will help you get a more general idea of whether or not the merchandise you are interested in meets high standards of quality.
2. When you're shopping online you need to be sure you are aware who you're buying from. If you're buying with an online auction site, only buy from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see if they are a reputable company by trying to find reviews on them online.
3. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful using the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or greater than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if the item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
4. Should you shop frequently at a certain website or online store, it may be worth it to sign up for their email updates which usually have special deals and sales. This can translate into savings for you as you may get yourself a discount around the item or even free shipping, which can add up to bigger savings if you purchase from the site often.
5. Before making a purchase, make a price comparison on several websites. Look for special coupons and offers on these websites to make sure you are getting the best bargain possible. Also look into exactly what it will cost for that shipping on your items and when there are free delivery options open to you.