1. Always remember your budget and credit limits while shopping online. The virtual world of online shopping has become a lot of people in serious debt. You need to examine online shopping in the same manner you look at offline shopping. Never buy items online that you don't have the cash to pay for.
2. Sign up for your preferred online stores' newsletters. Many times online stores sends out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to spend less, you might be able to score some good deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.
3. Before shopping from a store that is new to you, discover what the store's reputation is much like. You can usually do an online search and learn what others think of the business. It is best to do this so you do not find out the tough way and lose your cash.
4. Shop around when you shop online. You will probably find that prices for certain items can vary greatly from store to store. To be sure you get the best deal, look at a few different stores to discover their prices, as well as shipping charge. This will allow you to get the best deal you can.
5. Be sure that you're entering your payment details on a secure site. Search for "https://" inside the URL in the site that you're attempting to buy something from. If you don't see that or no symbol of any website security, then it's probably a wise idea not to trust those people with your account information.