1. When you are shopping on the web, you should only shop at reputable stores. If the store does not have a good reputation, you may be requesting trouble. Some individuals have had their credit card and private information stolen from shopping on lower than reputable websites. Be careful and protect your private information.
2. When you're shopping online you should be sure you are aware who you're buying from. If you're buying with an online auction site, only buy from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see when they are a reputable company by looking for reviews upon them online.
3. To safeguard yourself use a credit card while shopping online. The government has passed laws to protect consumers in the event of fraud. The amount the customer is responsible for is a mere $50.00 as compared to debit cards where the entire balance could be withdrawn by internet hackers.
4. When shopping online, most places only accept debit or credit cards. Take this into account when you are choosing a site to look from. In the event you don't feel at ease providing the company with your credit card information, look for another site. Try to find a site that offers a secure page when you're adding your credit card information.
5. When searching for a product online, take the time to read reviews. Try finding the same product on different sites to read as many reviews as possible. Reading many reviews will help you get a more general concept of whether or not the merchandise you are interested in meets high standards of quality.