1. If you're worried about whether a shopping site is legitimate or otherwise not, do some research about it. The internet may be a great way to discover other people's experiences with various sites. In the event the reviews of others seem promising, consider making a small first order. This can enable you to test out the customer service, shipping, and gain a feel for the organization without risking a lot of money.
2. A great way to stay safe while shopping online is in order to avoid clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email coming from a company, visit the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails requesting personal information or account information.
3. A good online shopping tip to remember is always to leave feedback after buying from a source you've never bought from before. This will help both of you because you'll remember whether you've enjoyed a good experience from them, and they can also gain a reputation as a seller.
4. If you want to buy books online, you'll get yourself a better deal if you get them used. Depending on the condition you receive them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you read through the description of the book to see if you can find any damages you should be aware of.
5. Be wary for any emails you receive, even if they appear to be from a retailer you trust. Never click on a hyperlink that directs you to a site other than usually the one you shopped on. Should you do, you may become vulnerable to a scam. Rather than simply clicking an email hyperlink, just go as much as your browser and enter the web site you would like to go to. It is actually much safer that way.