1. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Most of the big retailers often have promotions running which are not advertised on the home page. Carrying out a quick hunt for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
2. When a company has a newsletter, sign up. Often, companies will give sneak peeks, special deals and online coupons to people on the mailing list. However, be careful. You don't want to sign up for every company's newsletter or you'll soon be buried under endless emails. Only join a company's newsletter if you really like their products and would use a discount code.
3. Do more research on the online store you are looking at before ordering a product from their website. If a store does not provide quality service or products, you will more than likely find some negative reviews published on other sites. It is best to adhere to online stores having an excellent reputation.
4. When you are searching for a spot to buy an item and not one of the results seem to be from familiar retailers, you ought to be hesitant about entering your details. Look for security signs from Verisign or Cybertrust, so that you know the retailer is not to take your hard earned money.
5. Shop around when shopping online. You may find that prices for certain items can vary greatly from store to store. To be sure you get the best deal, look at various stores to discover their prices, as well as shipping charge. This will allow you to get the very best deal you are able to.