1. Many online shopping sites offer discounts if you use a "promotion code". These codes can be found online simply by entering the words "coupon code" along with the manufacturer or name of the website you will be buying from. They could offer a percentage off or free shipping just by entering inside a simple code which can be easily found by investing a few minutes searching for it.
2. Before shopping from a store that is a new comer to you, learn what the store's reputation is much like. You can usually do a web-based search and discover what others think of the business. It is best to do that so you may not find out the difficult way and lose your hard earned money.
3. When shopping online, always try to keep in mind the cost of shipping. Many sites offer free shipping on orders over a certain amount. In the event that you have to pay shipping, make sure that it is going to match your budget after you've added everything for your cart. Using a full cart only to find out you are unable to afford the shipping is never an enjoyable experience.
4. Pay close attention for potential sales online starting as early as Wednesday. Many brick and mortar stores do sales on the weekends, and to compete, many online stores have moved their sales days up by several days. You can often find exceptional mid-week bargains with just a little online research.
5. Make sure that when you buy something online, you are aware of if the site is secure or not. You may not want your information being compromised in nowadays. Identity theft is very common, and you must protect your information in any way cost so that you wish to keep making purchases online.