1. Shop around when you shop online. You may find that prices for certain items can vary greatly from store to store. To be sure you get the best deal, look at a few different stores to find out their prices, as well as shipping charge. This will allow you to get the very best deal you are able to.
2. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful with all the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or bigger than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if the item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
3. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Lots of the big retailers often have promotions running which are not advertised on their own home page. Doing a quick hunt for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
4. Be cautious where you submit your credit card information. If you are shopping online, always employ secure sites. These are sites that have taken steps to protect your valuable information. A secured website will begin with HTTPS instead of the standard HTTP. There can also be a locked icon, in a choice of your address or status bar, according to which browser you use.
5. When shopping online, most places only accept debit or credit cards. Remember this when you are deciding on a site to look from. Should you don't feel comfortable providing the company with your credit card information, try to look for another site. Try to find a site that offers a safe and secure page when you're adding your credit card information.