1. A reputable online seller must have a history that is recorded with the Better Business Bureau. Check with the BBB before you part with your hard earned money to find out if there have been any major or continual complaints lodged against them. You don't wish to be spending your money using a company that fails to provide.
2. Before making a purchase, make a price comparison on several websites. Search for special coupons and offers on these websites to ensure that you are getting the best bargain possible. Also look into what it will cost for your shipping on your items and if there are free delivery options available to you.
3. If you find an excellent product on the favorite site, search for it in an internet search engine before you buy it. Make note of the model number or brand, and do a quick search to successfully can't get it cheaper from somewhere else. You might be able to save a few dollars this way.
4. Before shopping from a store that is new to you, learn what the store's reputation is much like. You can usually do an online search and discover what others think of the business. It is best to do that so you do not find out the hard way and lose your money.
5. To guard yourself use a credit card when you shop online. The federal government has passed laws to protect consumers in the event of fraud. The amount the customer is responsible for is really a mere $50.00 as compared to debit cards where the entire balance could be withdrawn by internet hackers.