1. Before you make a purchase, compare prices on several websites. Look for special coupons and offers on these websites to successfully are getting the best bargain possible. Also look into what it will cost for your shipping on your own items and in case there are free shipping options available to you.
2. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful with all the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or larger than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if the item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
3. Be cautious which sites you patronize. It is difficult to learn which are around the up or higher and which are not, but there are a few clues. If the address does not make sense or the design seems off, go to a different site. Additionally, if a lot of pop-up windows begin appearing, close them out and move on.
4. Turn it into a habit to sign up for price alerts. This goes even for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will let you know whenever a product has dropped to some price you like. And if you've recently purchased at full price, you can ask for a price adjustment to fulfill the new deal.
5. Do not spend too much funds on shipping. Shipping charges can actually add up. Many sites offer free shipping, free delivery once you spend a certain amount, or use a coupon code that lets you get free freight. Instead of paying your cash on shipping, look for a store that ships for free.