1. Shopping online is a terrific way to save money because you can look around so easily. If you're looking to save as much money as possible, remember to check out any deals that the online store may offer. Most stores offer some from of sale or deal frequently, so you should be able to find a great deal that will assist you save a lot more money.
2. If a website is not secure, do not make a purchase. Simply look up at the web address when you are shopping. If you notice an "https" rather than an "http," you can feel confident enough to insert your credit card information. However, if there is no "s" in the address, start working on a different site to be around the safe side.
3. Before you start your web shopping, make sure that you've got up-to-date antivirus software. Internet shopping is a hotbed for suspect websites. Some people build stores with the goal to infect your computer with malware. It's best that you take precautions prior to visiting any stores, no matter how reputable you feel these are.
4. When you're shopping online you should be sure that you know who you're buying from. If you're buying with an online auction site, only order from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see if they are a reputable company by searching for reviews upon them online.
5. Sign up for your favorite online stores' newsletters. Often times online stores will be sending out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to save cash, you might be able to score some good deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.