1. Always remember your budget and credit limits when shopping online. The virtual world of online shopping has gotten a lot of people in serious debt. You need to look at online shopping in the same manner you look at offline shopping. Never buy items online that you don't have the cash to pay for.
2. If you are looking at purchasing from the seller for the first time, take a moment to carefully examine their past customer reviews. As a general rule this provides you with an approximate idea of what type of goods and services you need to expect yourself. Anyone who has been rated lowly time and time again needs to be given a large swerve.
3. If you are shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is absolutely no website that needs this number for you to buy something. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, you are probably on a scam website. Leave this site and locate one that has a better reputation.
4. If you want to buy books online, you'll get a better deal if you get them used. Dependant upon the condition you get them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you go through the description of the book to see if there are any damages you should be aware of.
5. Before you start your online shopping, be sure that you've got up-to-date antivirus software. Online shopping is a hotbed for suspect websites. Some people build stores with the goal to infect your computer with malware. It's best which you take precautions prior to visiting any stores, no matter how reputable you feel these are.