1. When shopping online, you should be extra careful if you are using your cellphone to buy online. Employing a public Wi-Fi can leave your personal vulnerable to hackers. Make an effort to only use your secured network when shopping online using a cellphone and never make use of a public Wi-Fi hot spot to shop.
2. If you like a web-based store, sign up for their email distribution list. You will probably receive some coupons and information about deals in your mailbox. Check these emails regularly to keep up to date with great deals and promotional offers. Most online stores often offer free delivery or discounts on certain products.
3. Always save copies of your orders and receipts from online purchases. Many stores will redirect you to a page after you've submitted your order detailing everything that was bought, customer information, the prices, etc. You should either print a duplicate of this or save a copy to your computer in case any issues arise before the end of the return period. Be sure to save any emails concerning your items' status or correspondence with the company regarding your orders, too.
4. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Most of the big retailers often have promotions running that are not advertised on the home page. Doing a quick hunt for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
5. When shopping for a certain item, check several different online retailers. Many times with a little searching, it can save you as much as 25 percent. Look at a variety of websites to successfully are getting the best deal. When figuring each website's price, make sure you include shipping costs to your calculations.