1. In case a company includes a newsletter, sign up. Often, companies will give sneak peeks, promotions and coupon codes to people on their mailing list. However, be careful. You don't want to sign up for every company's newsletter or you'll soon be buried under endless emails. Only subscribe to a company's newsletter should you really like their goods and would use a promotion code.
2. If you are searching for the best coupons, consider signing up for the newsletters of the stores that you love the most. Often stores give their best coupons and discounts to those that have signed up the first time. And they'll continue to provide great deals to those that have shown big fascination with the brand, therefore the signup can result in some phenomenal savings.
3. Always remember your financial budget and credit limits when you shop online. The virtual realm of online shopping has got a lot of people in serious debt. You need to take a look at online shopping in a similar manner you look at offline shopping. Never buy items online that you don't have the cash to pay for.
4. If you have questions while shopping, search for a live chat function in the online store. Many big brands (and even some boutique stores) now have this functionality. You can chat immediately with a customer care representative to fix any issues or answer any questions before buying. That can give you a lot of satisfaction.
5. Make it a habit to sign up for price alerts. It goes even for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will let you know whenever a product has dropped to some price you prefer. And if you've recently purchased at full price, you are able to ask for a price adjustment to satisfy the new deal.