1. When looking for a product online, take the time to read reviews. Try finding the same product on different sites to read as numerous reviews as you can. Reading many reviews can help you get a more general idea of whether or not the item you are interested in meets high standards of quality.
2. If you want to buy books online, you'll get a better deal if you get them used. Dependant upon the condition you obtain them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you read the description of the book to see if there are any damages you should be aware of.
3. Before shopping from a store that is unfamiliar with you, learn what the store's reputation is like. You can usually do a web-based search and learn what others think of the business. It is best to do that so you may not find out the hard way and lose your cash.
4. Sign up for your chosen online stores' newsletters. Often online stores will be sending out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to save money, you could possibly score some terrific deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.
5. Turn it into a habit to register for price alerts. This goes even for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will let you know each time a product has dropped to a price you like. And if you've recently purchased at full price, it is possible to ask for a price adjustment to satisfy the new deal.